DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICESFIRST FILING DATE: 01-06-2017 at 8:00 a.m. PST
Until the needs of the service are met and is subject to closure without prior noticeEXAM NUMBER: Y5784BTYPE OF RECRUITMENT - Open Competitive Job OpportunityDEFINITION:
Exercises direct technical and administrative supervision over a unit performing magnetic resonance imaging procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, organizes, and participates in the work of an MRI unit to assure that all imaging is done expeditiously and meets requisite standards of quality and safety.
- Reads orders and schedules patients in accordance with protocol or physician's direction. Consults with referring physicians as required.
- Provides practical instruction and technical direction to technologists, students, and other health care professionals in the procedures and techniques used in MRI examinations.
- Resolves problems for technologists with respect to selecting optimal imaging coil, positioning patient, and selecting protocol and parameters for each procedure to obtain desired results.
- Troubleshoots all equipment failures and difficulties and performs appropriate quality assurance procedures, tests and measures.
- Checks machines and control settings for conformance with State regulations to ensure the safety of patients and health services personnel.
- Inspects work area and equipment, controls inventory, and orders needed supplies and maintenance services within specified limits.
- Coordinates with physicians, support staff, and other health care professionals to facilitate operations.
- Counsels subordinates, prepares performance evaluations, reports employee relations problems, and reports on work performed by the unit.
- Enforces safety regulations and compliance with departmental regulations, policies, and procedures.
- In consultation with physicians, develops new or modifies existing MRI protocols to improve quality and meet radiologists' needs.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:Option I -
One year of experience as an MRI Technologist II* in the County of Los Angeles.Option II -
Three years of experience as a registered MRI Technologist at the level of MRI Technologist II**.LICENSE:
***Registration in Magnetic Resonance Imaging by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)-OR- American Registry of Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists (ARMRIT) (and ****completion of a 12 month, or longer, course in magnetic imaging technology which included a clinical training component)- AND- a *****California Venipuncture Certificate which permits venous access are required.PHYSICAL CLASSIII - Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS INFORMATION:
*To qualify under Option I, applicant must hold or have held the payroll title of MRI Technologist II with the Los Angeles County.**
Experience at the level of MRI Technologist II in the County of Los Angeles is defined as: under general supervision, operates magnetic resonance imaging scanners to obtain a full-range of images of delicate anatomical structures for physicians to diagnose pathological and traumatic disorders.
***Applications submitted without the required certificate, and/or permit will be considered incomplete until such information is provided. The original license, certificate, and/or permit must be presented during the selection process and prior to appointment.
The required certificate, and/or permit MUST be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license will NOT be accepted.
****Official transcript must be provided showing completion of a 12 month, or longer course in magnetic imaging technology, which included a clinical training component.
*****Venipuncture certificate issued by a legitimateestablishment within the State of California would be considered towards satisfaction of the requirements for qualification for this exam.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of an evaluation of experience based on application information, weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on this examination to be added to the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS.VACANCY INFORMATION
The eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.SPECIAL INFORMATION
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATIONAPPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment
from Class Specification and Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst, within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and the exam title. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-000, 111-11-111. etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Germine Margosian, Exam Analyst
GMargosian@dhs.lacounty.gov ADA COORDINATOR PHONE
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE