DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
FIRST FILING DATE: 04-14-17 at 8:00 A.M. PST
Until the needs of the services are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER: Y5810LTYPE OF RECRUITMENT - DEPARTMENTAL PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Restricted to permanent employees of the Department of Health Services who have successfully completed their initial probationary period.
Current employee in the unclassified service who meet the following criteria also qualify to participate in this exam:
NO WITHOLDS OR VERFICATION OF EXPERIENCE LETTERS / OUT-OF-CLASS EXPERIENCE ARE ALLOWED FOR THIS EXAMINATION. DEFINITION:
- Unclassified employees who have attained permanent County status on a classified position by successful completion of the initial probationary period, with no break in service since leaving the classified service.
- Full-time employees in the unclassified service with at least six months of full-time experience in the unclassified service at the time of filing or by the last day of filing.
Exercises technical and administrative supervision over a staff of technologists performing a variety of radiologic procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans and organizes radiographic and related services in multiple units or a diagnostic radiology department; ensures all examinations are expeditiously processed and meets requisite standards of quality and safety.
- Develops, under medical direction, and implements radiographic procedures for standard application in specialized areas.
- Evaluates the work of assigned personnel and counsels them on their performance; recommends or initiates disciplinary action and the adjustment of employee grievances.
- Establishes sound working relationships with other disciplines within the hospital; investigates and resolves radiography image quality and other service problems which affect other hospital functions.
- Evaluates and recommends specifications for new radiographic and peripheral equipment; determines and submits equipment and personnel requirements based on operational needs and workload for budgetary review.
- Schedules and assigns personnel to work stations on the basis of such factors as immediate workload, the number of employees available, and the extent of their training in the procedures involved.
- Reviews equipment test results and radiographic examinations in process to ensure conformance with State regulations governing the safe use of radiographic equipment.
- Investigates equipment malfunctions and verifies need for maintenance or repair; approves, within defined limits, subordinates requests for vendor services and material purchase.
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
One year's experience as a supervisor of radiologic technologists.LICENSE:
*Certification as a radiologic technologist issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health -AND- aradiologic technologist fluoroscopy permit* issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
A current, active certification in accordance with the American Heart Associate's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program upon appointment.PHYSICAL CLASSIII - Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds. SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
*In order to meet the Requirements, applicants must attach the copies of their licenses at the time of filing online or fax the copies of licenses to us within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of filing your application online.The required certificate and permit MUST be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted certificate and permit will NOT be accepted.
- Two years experience in performing Computer Tomography as a Radiologic Technologist.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of two parts:Part I
- An evaluation of experience based on application information and desirable qualifications, weighted 60%.Part II
- An Appraisal of Promotability which will evaluate Job Preparation, Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Organization and Supervision Skills, and Work Skills, weighted 40%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on each weighted part of this examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS.VACANCY INFORMATION
The eligible register for this examination will be used to fill a vacancy at the LAC+USC Medical Center.SPECIAL INFORMATION
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATIONAPPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment
from Class Specification and Minimum Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst, within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and the exam title. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Dzhuleta Pogosyan, Exam Analyst
email@example.comADA COORDINATOR PHONE
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE