DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
FIRST FILING DATE: 02-16-17 at 8:00 A.M. PST
Until the needs of the services are met and is subject to closure without prior notice.EXAM NUMBER: Y5815D
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT - DEPARTMENTAL PROMOTIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Restricted to permanent employees of the Department of Health Services who have successfully completed their initial probationary period.
Current employee in the unclassified service who meet the following criteria also qualify to participate in this exam:
NO WITHHOLDS OR VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE LETTERS / OUT-OF-CLASS EXPERIENCE ARE ALLOWED FOR THIS EXAMINATION. DEFINITION:
- Unclassified employees who have attained permanent County status on a classified position by successful completion of the initial probationary period, with no break in service since leaving the classified service.
- Full-time employees in the unclassified service with at least six months of full-time experience in the unclassified service at the time of filing or by the last day of filing.
Under the Chief Physician directions, this position provides administrative and technical supervision over the technical staff and activities of a radiology department providing the full range of diagnostic imaging procedures necessary to the operation of hospital and outpatient center.
Essential Job Functions
- Provides direct technicaland administrative supervision over diagnostic imaging and interventional procedures through subordinate supervisors and technologists; evaluates workload and reviews the distribution of technologists to various posts, weekend and callback duty.
- Functions as a resource for subordinate supervisors, consults and guides them in the alternative solutions to administrative and technical problems including personnel problems.
- Serves as the department's chief representative or liaison with other hospital disciplines or service departments when coordinated effort is required to develop administrative systems, assure the effective management of patient care and the quality and timely delivery of imaging exams and procedures.
- Prepares, and justifies to administration, the annual budget for the diagnostic radiographic function; reviews workload data, equipment and space needs and evaluates the requests of subordinate supervisors.
- Under medical directions develops, modifies and implements policies and procedures necessary for the effective operation of 24-hour, diagnostic imaging services and participates in departmental planning for the evaluation, development and implementation of services and training, such as Picture Archiving and Communication Systems (PACS) training.
- Ensures subordinate personnel verify and confirm proper archiving of images in (PACS).
- Evaluates the performance of subordinate supervisors, and reviews their evaluations of technologists and ancillary personnel; counsels subordinates on steps they may need to take to improve performance.
- Inspects operations in diagnostic radiographic units to assure continuing conformance to quality and safety standards; takes action to correct deficiencies noted.
Requirements SELECTION REQUIREMENTS:Option I -
Two years' experience as a Radiology Supervisor or Diagnostic Imaging Supervisor in a hospital or clinic.Option II -
Two years' experience as the education coordinator of a certified school of Radiologic Technology affiliated with a County hospital and approved by the State of California, Department of Public Health.LICENSE:
*Certification as a radiologic technologist issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health -AND- a radiologic technologist fluoroscopy permit* issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
A current, active certification in accordance with the American Heart Associate's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program upon appointment.PHYSICAL CLASSII - Light:
Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
*In order to meet the Requirements, applicants must attach the copies of their licenses at the time of filing online or fax the copies of licenses to us within fifteen (15) calendar days from the date of filing your application online.The required certificate and permit MUST be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license will NOT be accepted.
Additional Information EXAMINATION CONTENT
This examination will consist of two parts:Part I -
An evaluation of experience based on application information, weighted 60%.Part II -
An Appraisal of Promotability which will evaluate Job Preparation, Planning and Organization, Management and Supervision, and Interpersonal, Oral and Written Communication Skills,weighted 40%.Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher on each weighted part of this examination in order to be placed on the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS.VACANCY INFORMATION
The eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies at the Olive View Medical Center and Martin Luther King, Jr. Outpatient Center.SPECIAL INFORMATION
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
AnyAPPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATIONAPPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment
from Class Specification and Minimum Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the REQUIREMENTS.
Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last day of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst, within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and the exam title. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER:
Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT
Ani Shaboyan, Exam Analyst
AShaboyan@dhs.lacounty.gov ADA COORDINATOR PHONE
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE