This is acontinuous recruitment for an applicant poolto fill part-time/seasonalLead Recreation Assistantvacancies on an as needed basis. The City will refer to the poolof part-time applications on file, as needed, to fillvacancies.Applicants who meet the minimum requirements of the position will remain in the pool for 12 months.
Click here to view a complete copy of the job description.
LeadRecreation Assistant positions are available in facilities throughout the City of Henderson. Work locations and assignments are subject to change based on program needs. Under general supervision, serves as a working supervisor in coordinating, scheduling and assisting in the day-to-day provision of recreational programs, services, special events, excursions and activities.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS/ASSESSMENT INFORMATION Documents Required at the Time of Application:
- Must be 18 years old at the time of application.
- High School diploma or equivalent at time of hire or promotion.
- One (1) year of experience, preferably working in recreation programs for a municipal or public agency.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, an American Red Cross Standard First Aid Certificate and CPR certifications within the first three (3) months of employment.
- Incumbents may be required to obtain specific technical certifications.
- Desirable: Experience working in recreation or aquatics programs performing facilities service functions.
- Desirable: Experience working with social services programs for seniors and individuals with disabilities.
- Desirable: Experience setting up, monitoring, and adjusting the functioning of audio/visual equipment used by clients and running sound boards for concerts.
- Desirable: Experience in playing or officiating sports.
- Desirable: Experience in leading hikes, bicycling events, archery, rock climbing and other outdoor activities.
- Desirable: Supervisory experience.
1) Completed Employment Application
2) Completed Supplemental Questionnaire SELECTION PROCESS NOTE: You will be contacted by e-mail if you are movingforward in the assessment process.Once you apply, almost all communication regarding the status of your application will be by email, so please add noreply @governmentjobs.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book to prevent any emails from going to your Spam/Junk folder.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information regarding the status of your application over the phone. To check the status of your application, please log in to your account and click "Application Status". It is not necessary to contact the Human Resources Office to check the status of an application.
The selection process will consist of an employment application package screening. The best qualified candidates may be invited to participate further in the assessment process. It is the responsibility of candidates with a disability requiring accommodation in the assessment process to contact the Human Resources Department in writing to request such accommodation.
Appointment may be subject to the successful completion of a post offer pre-employment background investigation and medical/physical examination, including a drug/alcohol test. Please see the job description to view the physical requirements of the job. The City reserves the right to modify selection devices and test instruments in accordance with accepted legal, ethical, and professional standards.