DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Office of Women's Health
The Office of Women's Health (OWH) is seeking a candidate who is a permanent County of Los Angeles employee holding the job title of Administrative Assistant II. This position is responsible for many of the core administrative functions of the OWH and reports directly to the Senior Staff Analyst overseeing the Administration Unit.
Some responsibilities of the AA II would include functioning as office liaison of DPH administrative units, and conducting OWH administrative duties, such as timekeeping, MAA Coding, overtime reporting and more.
Essential Job Functions
- Assume responsibility for general administration and special projects for the Office of Women's Health.
- Function as the Office Liaison for DPH Human Resources, Contracts & Grants, Compliance Management, Public Health Information Systems (IT), Finance, Procurement, and Alhambra building management and complete all specialized duties related to these key units.
- Serve as the Budget and Finance Manager (maintaining the Office's budget), Timekeeper/ Overtime Coordinator, MAA Coordinator, Ergonomics Coordinator, Inventory Custodian, Learning Coordinator, and Office Facility Privacy and Security Coordinator.
- Take notes at key meetings and write up meeting minutes.
- Support submission of orders, such as for supplies, equipment, room rentals, and food purchases through communication with potential vendors and obtaining quotes.
- Administratively manage conference and other event preparation, such as sending out event emails, maintaining registration lists, stakeholder lists, communication with participants, and coordination of CEUs.
Requirements Must currently be a permanent Los Angeles County employee who holds the payroll item of Administrative Assistant II.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Qualified employees are invited to submit:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in computer software using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Visio.
- Interest in women's health and being part of the Office of Women's Health team.
- A cover letter describing interest and qualifications
- Last two years of performance evaluations
Please e-mail your information to:
Office of Women's HealthEmail:
firstname.lastname@example.org All materials submitted by the individual will be evaluated. Only the most qualified individuals will be invited to participate in an interview.This transfer opportunity may close at any time without prior notice.