The PositionThis job posting is collecting interest forFUTURECombination Inspector vacancies with the City of Portland.Please be aware that this is an ongoing call for interest and that we may not reach out to you right away. Once a vacancy is available, and a job is posted, you will be notified to be able to apply.
The Combination Inspector in the Bureau of Development Services (BDS) performs inspections to insure compliance with building, plumbing, electrical, heating, ventilation, housing and zoning codes, and permitted requirements primarily of new and existing one and two-family residential buildings and associated structures, which may include manufactured dwellings. The Combination Inspector is a journey-level class that typically provides field inspection work independently, providing excellent customer service in an equitable manner in a way that upholds the bureau's customer service standards. The Combination Inspector applies applicable federal, state and city plumbing, mechanical, electrical, building, manufactured dwelling, and construction codes and standards.Fluency in a second language is desirable, but not required.
Please note : This classification is represented by the District Council of Trade Unions (DCTU). To view this labor agreement, please go tohttps://www.portlandoregon.gov/bhr/27840
and click on the appropriate link.
For information about the Oregon Inspector Certification process you may contact the State of Oregon's Building Codes Division at (503) 373-1268, or view their web site at: http://bcd.oregon.gov Our Equity Commitment:
The Bureau of Development Services is committed to eliminating racism and all discriminatory practices in our services and in our workplace because we understand the positive value of equitable systems.Equity:
Conditions that allow everyone to flourish so that race, gender, ability and/or other held identities do not determine access or outcomes.
To learn more at The Bureau of Development Services equity commitment - please review our equity commitment:https://www.portlandoregon.gov/bds/article/670171
To Qualify: To Qualify The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
Applicants must also possess:
- Knowledge of and experience applying the provisions of the Oregon or ICC Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing, and One and Two Family Dwelling Codes;
- Ability to prepare reports, write letters, and input and retrieve information using computer software.
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints and building plans;
- Skill in explaining technical building information requirements to knowledgeable individuals and lay persons.
The Recruitment Process Candidate Pool:
- A valid state driver's license and anacceptable driving recordat the time of hire.
- An Oregon Inspector Certification at time of hire; and
- An Oregon "A" level Inspector Certification or International Code Council (ICC) Commercial Inspector Certification in structural or mechanical; or an Oregon "A" level Inspector certification in plumbing or electrical at time of hire; and
- An Oregon Residential Inspector Certification or ICC Residential Inspector certification in structural and mechanical at time of hire; and
- An Oregon Residential Inspector certification in plumbing and electrical at time of hire; and
- May require an Oregon Manufactured Home Installation Inspector Certification
We currently DO NOT have current vacancies, but are gathering interest for future Combination Inspector positions. When a vacancy becomes available, you will be notified via email. Once notified, you will berequired to submit an application online via our job board.It is not a requirement to submit interest to the candidate pool to be considered for future Combination Inspector vacancies. Additional InformationApplication InstructionsApplicants must submit a professional resume online. Candidates will be notified when a vacancy becomes available and will be required to submit a full application once the job is posted.
Non-citizen applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at time of application.
It is the policy of the City of Portland that no person shall be discriminated against based on race, religion, color, sex, marital status, family status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or source of income. The City values diversity and encourages everyone who is interested in employment with the City to apply. If you wish to identify yourself as an individual with a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act of 1990 and will be requesting accommodation, the requests must be made to the Analyst(s) named belowNo Later Than the Closing Date of This Announcement.Questions?
Bureau of Human Resources
Closing Date/Time: 7/16/2019 11:59 PM Pacific