THIS POSTING DOES NOT HAVE AN END DATE, AS VACANCIES BECOME AVAILABLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED.
The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Performs entry-level facility maintenance duties, which includes minor repairs of building systems, cleaning restrooms, trash pick-up, etc. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan! That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness ( PSLF ) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify.
- Hand weeds, fertilizes, and waters ornamental plant beds; may assist in the installation and maintenance of annual plant beds
- Operates gas-operated trimming/edging equipment to trim/edge around trees, signs, landscaped beds, etc.; waters and fertilizes lawn areas
- Operates smaller gas-operated riding lawn mowers and large push mowers to cut grass in parks, medians, and other City-maintained areas and facilities
- Picks up litter and debris by use of pick sticks, blowers or vacuums; empties trash receptacles
- Trims and prunes trees, shrubs and bushes from ground level by use of hand tools such as hand clippers and pole saws; loads trucks with trimmings and other debris
- Paints over graffiti using either roller or brush; and/or removes graffiti via use of proper cleaning materials
- Maintains and cleans areas using rakes, hoes, shovels, blowers, and related tools and equipment
- Performs minor maintenance and repair to park furniture and related equipment
- Operates light trucks and other automotive equipment as needed
- Performs basic maintenance to tools and equipment
- Performs related work as required
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union 769 and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Teamsters Local Union 769. NOTE :
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description. JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION: APPLICATIONS WILL BE REVIEWED AND THE HIRING AUTHORITY WILL CONTACT THOSE APPLICANTS WHOSE APPLICATION REFLECTS THE BEST MATCH OF EXPERIENCE FOR THE POSITION.
- High School Diploma and some knowledge of manual maintenance work methods, procedures, tools, equipment and tasks.
- Possess a current and valid State of Florida Class "E" driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- May require CDL-B with airbrakes
Per Chapter 295.07 of the Florida Statutes, veteran's preference points will be awarded for promotional exams only with regard to a veteran's first promotion after reinstatement or re-employment with the City from active duty service without exception. Proof of eligibility and the City's J-204
form must be submitted with application.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous