The role of a Seasonal Aquatics Instructor is to teach swimming lessons to the community. Instructors must know how to swim and be able to teach basic swimming techniques for all ages. Instructors are expected to attend trainings, have good communication skills, and work well with children. Other duties include enforcing pool rules and regulations; ensuring the sanitation of water conditions; providing customer service and answering customers' questions and interacting with City employees and the general public.Essential Job Functions
- Provides service to the general public by teaching swimming lessons; scanning the water to monitor activities; informing customers' of upcoming events and answering inquiries.
- Ensures the safety of the general public by enforcing pool rules and regulations; monitoring activities and providing assistance when necessary.
- High School or GED preferred but not required.
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines.
- No experience required.
- American Red Cross -Lifeguarding, CPR/AED, First Aid certification highly preferred.
Closing Date/Time: 8/30/2019 5:00 PM Central