The purpose of this position is to monitor the City's parks fees and security. This is accomplished by serving as a gate attendant; collecting fees from campers and general park picnic fees and monitoring park entrance security. Other duties include interacting with other City employees and the general public. Essential Job Functions
- Collects entrance fees by informing customers of park rules; charging customers the proper entrance or activity fee; ensuring that proper receipt and forms are given to the customer and maintaining accurate records of transactions.
- Provides customer service by having frequent interaction with citizens and park patrons; answering questions; and providing directions.
- Provides security by monitoring and observing activities for the safety and security of citizens and patrons
- Work requires the ability to read and understand written instructions, to understand simple processes and the routine operation of machines.Level of knowledge equivalent to less than high school or equivalency.
- No experience required.
- Ability to recognize meaning of common two- or three-syllable words.Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to perform the four basic arithmetic operations.Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Ability to write simple sentences containing subject, verb, and object, and/or series of numbers, names, and addresses.Ordinarily, such education is obtained in elementary school up to high school. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- The employee normally performs the duty assignment after receiving detailed instructions as to methods, procedures, and desired end results with little room for deviation. Close and constant review is given.
- No responsibility for the direction or supervision of others.
- Normal tasks require use of definite procedures, with little deviation.Work requires little or no analysis or judgment.
- Discussion Very Frequent: More than 51% of work time.
Closing Date/Time: 8/30/2019 5:00 PM Central