TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH0889-19-07
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
The Department of Children and Family Services,Administrative SupportSection, is seeking a highly skilled and self motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant III.The position is located at BIS, Norwalk Office - 12440 E. Imperial Hwy., Norwalk, CA 90650.
Essential Job Functions
- Purchase IT hardware, software and services, including making independent purchases based on comparative pricing, availability, discounts, shipping options, delivery costs and other factors;
- Research best product solutions and prepares recommendations for management decision, including analyzing of features and alternatives;
- Maintain hardware and software maintenance and renewal logs;
- Analyze, verifies and obtains payment approvals for invoices;
- Work closely with vendors and other stakeholders to repair/replace damaged/defective hardware;
- Participate in Human Resources related functions such as: requesting certification lists, scheduling candidates for interviews, annotating certification lists as necessary, preparing Ordinance Position Authority requests and assisting staff with Out-of-Class and/or Additional Responsibility Bonus requests; and
- Participatein the preparation of Advance Planning Documents (APD).
Individuals interested in applying for this position must currently hold the payroll title of Administrative Assistant III.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Ability to work independently;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to multitask andhandle competing priorities.
- Thorough knowledge of County Procurement Policies and knowledge of CountyFiscal Manual.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. The most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview. Submission of interest does not guarantee an interview.The interview process will be used to determine the final employee selection. Before extending an offer to candidates, the offer must first be cleared by the Personnel Section. This notice will remain open until the needs of the Department are met.
Individuals interested in transferring should submit a cover letter with EMPLOYEE NUMBER
, résumé (which includes a cell phone number and e-mail address, if available), copies of their last two performance evaluations and attendancerecord for the past 12 months.The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications. CLEARLY INDICATE ON THE COVER LETTER, THE COMPLETE TITLE OF THE VACANCY EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED IN THE TEXT BOX HEADING ABOVE.
REQUESTED MATERIALS SHOULD BE EMAILED TO: Department of Children and Family Services
Business Information Systems Division
12440 E. Imperial Hwy, Ste 501
Norwalk, CA 90650
Attn: Kimberly Luther