TRANSFER JOB OPPORTUNITY
EXAM #: TRCH9128-19-06
*DO NOT FILE APPLICATION ONLINE*
The Department of Children and Family Services, Bureau of Operational Support Services-Training Section, is seeking highly skilled and self motivated individual to fill the position of Staff Development Specialist, Welfare. The positions will belocated at 1149 S. Hill St., Los Angeles, CA 90015 and 12440 Imperial Hwy., Norwalk, CA 90650.
Essential Job Functions
- Completes administrative assignments as needed;
- Maintains records of training programs and activities, and employee participation and attendance;
- Plans, designs, develops and delivers training based on identified training needs and/or input provided by management staff;
- Participates in the determination of departmental training needs, based on needs assessment and analysis, consultation, investigation and evaluation of requests;
- Confers with management and staff in developing training programs to increase staff effectiveness in providing quality service to participants;
- Plans, designs, and develops appropriate delivery methods, including Instructor-Led Training, Intranet, Multimedia Computer Based Training;
- Identifies, organizes and sequences subject matter to be taught in training programs to assure maximum effectiveness; and
- Develops training programs, including curriculum, lesson plans, syllabus, trainers' guide, using instructional system design.
Individuals interested in applying for this position must currently hold the payroll title of Staff Development Specialist, Welfare.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Organizational skills and the ability to establish priorities;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint; and
- Ability to follow directions with limited supervision.
All materials submitted by the employee will be evaluated. The most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview. The interview process will be used to determine the final selection. Before extending an offer to candidates, the offer must first be cleared by the Personnel Section. This notice will remain open until the needs of the service are met.
Individuals interested in transferring should submit a cover letter with EMPLOYEE NUMBER
, résumé (which includes a cell phone number and e-mail address, if available), copies of their last two performance evaluations, attendancerecord for the past 12 months and two writing samples. The cover letter and resume should clearly outline how the employee meets the requirements and desirable qualifications. CLEARLY INDICATE ON THE COVER LETTER, THE COMPLETE TITLE OF THE VACANCY EXACTLY AS DESCRIBED IN THE TEXT BOX HEADING ABOVE AND IF A SPECIFIC LOCATION IS DESIRED, PLEASE IDENTIFY.
REQUESTED MATERIALS SHOULD BE EMAILED OR MAILEDTO:
Department of Children and Family Services
12440 E. Imperial Hwy.
Norwalk, CA 90650
Attn: Misty Bautista