Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs a broad range of management and administrative duties related to assigned programs.
- Provides direction and oversight for public health programs and activities, including California Children Services, Public Health Nursing Services, and Public Health Clinic Services.
- Develops, evaluates and monitors program objectives and goals, and coordinates efforts to implement changes to policies and practices.
- Coordinates and resolves differences between assigned programs.
- Negotiates with the State over grant proposals and program budgets.
- Reviews, corrects and signs of program invoices for submission to the State.
- Meets with State staff associated with programs managed and conducts program audits.
- Reviews and responds to State program audits and compliance reports.
- Represents the County at local, regional and State meetings and conferences.
- Plans, schedules, assigns, evaluates, and directs the work of professional nursing staff and other public health staff engaged in carrying out program activities.
- Advises staff on the interpretation and application of program and agency policies and public health laws and regulations.
- Investigates and analyzes data for development and operation of special programs.
- Coordinates services County wide with schools and private and public agencies.
- Represents the Health Department on community boards and organizations.
- Addresses local groups on public health matters.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
Three (3) years of experience in a position with the responsibility for organizing and directing the work of others. (A Master's degree in Nursing, or a closely related field may be substituted for one (1) year of the required experience).Education:
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a degree in nursing or a closely related field.License:
- Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse license.
- Possession of a valid California Public Health Nurse Certificate issued by the State of California, Board of Registered Nurses within one year of hire.
- Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B MERCED COUNTY
Closing Date/Time: Continuous