WestWorld is an equestrian and special event facility. Applicants must be comfortable working around animals. We are open 7 days a week and this position will be required to:
This position is part-time for24 hours a weekand is non-benefited.
- work a variety of shifts ranging from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- work holidays and weekends.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate inthe selection process, to includea panel interview.
Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Drug Screen
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time. Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience:
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Any experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Principles and practices of safe motor vehicle operations and maintenance.
- Proper and safe use of hand tools; rakes and shovels.
- Microsoft Office products and other relevant technologies.
- Learn and utilize proper equipment operations.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material and oral instructions.
- Operate a personal computer to complete automated timesheet and record list of work activities.
- Calculate amount of time spent on work activities, fill in proper daily logs, forms and records.
- Listen, communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other departments and the general public.
- Work varied schedules according to events, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Complete OSHA/Safety training as required.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Performs routine restroom service, maintenance, upkeep and repair at WestWorld
- Cleans ramadas, sidewalks, patios, restrooms and drinking fountains utilizing various manually operated tools and water hoses.
- Washes all sidewalks, drive-ways, private streets and benches.
- Manually rakes, sweeps and cleans entrances, floors and walkways around buildings, equine arenas and barns.
- Performs trash pickup.
- Applies cleaning agents in accordance with OSHA and City of Scottsdale standards.
- Cleans various areas using brooms, power washers and other various tools.
- Checks for hazards and repairs then informs supervisor verbally and in writing.
- Maintains a detailed written log of activities performed and amount of time spent on each activity.
- Perform minor painting tasks such as walls, entrance floors, walking areas and other large surface areas.
- Operates various sized city pick up trucks and utility vehicles.
- Uses proper traffic barricading and control while working.
- Must control safety and observation of potential hazards with horses and visiting public.
- Disinfects, cleans and maintains basic hygiene.
- Assists in daily inventory counts and controls.
- Clean and care for tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform manual work that requires standing and walking/moving continuous periods of time, lifting, bending, standing and climbing elevations, along with moving on wet floors and surfaces.
- Lifts and empties trash cans or bags weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Access paved, graveled or turf park areas to perform the general grounds maintenance functions.
- Operate small and medium hand-held equipment weighing up to 40 pounds; such as blowers, edgers and power washers.
- Use manual tools such as rakes and shovels.
- Exposure to the sun, chemicals, dust, grease, noise, inclement weather, temperature extremes and unpleasant odors.
- Travel to/from various locations on WestWorld premises, around pedestrians and animals.
- Works in extreme inclement weather for long periods of time.
to view theentire job description.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 9/17/2019 11:59 PM Arizona