This position provides maintenance work for various events held at WestWorld.
WestWorld is an equestrian and special event facility. Applicants must be comfortable working around animals. We are open 7 days a week and this position will be required to:
This position is part-time for24 hours a week, with a variety of shifts available,and is non-benefited.
- Work a variety of shifts ranging from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Work holidays and weekends.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate inthe selection process, to includea panel interview.
- Drug Screen
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time. Minimum Qualifications Education and Experience
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Any experience which provides the knowledge, skills and ability to perform the work.
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/service assignment.. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Principles and practices of safe motor vehicle operation, motorized equipment and maintenance.
- Proper and safe use of hand tools; weeders, pruners, rakes and shovels.
- Learn and utilize proper equipment operations.
- Learn industry standards for arena ground preparation.
- Follow oral and written instructions.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material and oral instructions.
- Operate a personal computer to complete automated timesheet and record list of work activities.
- Calculate amount of time spent on work activities.
- Listen, communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, other departments and the general public.
- Complete OSHA/Safety Training as required.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area within WestWorld which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following tasks :
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Performs routine assistance in the maintenance, landscape, upkeep and repair to arenas and equipment, parking areas, buildings and general facility/grounds at WestWorld.
- Performs trash pickup and operates manure handling equipment.
- Assists with trimming and pruning shrubs and trees.
- Cleans ramadas, sidewalks, patios, restrooms and drinking fountains utilizing various manually operated tools and water hoses.
- Manually rakes and weeds planters, granite areas, equine arenas and barns.
- Manually cleans horse stall and barn aisles.
- Washes off all sidewalk, drive-ways, private streets and benches.
- Assists with trimming and weeding areas using powered mowers, weed-eaters and manual tools.
- Manually digs up ground to perform sprinkler repair and maintenance.
- Applies cleaning agents in accordance with OSHA and City of Scottsdale standards.
- Cleans all areas using brooms, power washers and other various tools.
- Assists with the preparation of WestWorld's professional equine arenas and buildings by watering, dragging and packing arena footing.
- Cleans and prepares buildings and surface areas for event production.
- Checks for hazards and repairs then inform the supervisor verbally and in writing.
- Maintains a detailed written log of activities performed and amount of time spent on each activity.
- Assists with painting arena walls, entrance walls and other large surface areas.
- Assists with the installation and repair of water and storm drains.
- Operates various sized tractors with implements, such as; box blade, back blade, arena harrow, various sized City pick up trucks and utility vehicles along with a wide variety of motorized equipment.
- Uses proper traffic barricading and control while working.
- Must observe potential hazards and control safety of horses and the visiting public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Perform manual work that requires standing and walking/moving continuous periods of time, digging, lifting, bending, and climbing elevations.
- Lifts and empties trash cans or bags weighing approximately 50 pounds.
- Access paved, graveled or turf park areas to perform the general grounds maintenance functions.
- Operate small and medium hand-held equipment weighing up to 80 pounds; such as blowers, weed eaters, trimmers, edgers, chain saws, mowers and power washers.
- Use manual tools such as rakes and shovels.
- Perform painting tasks.
- Exposure to dirt, dust, pollen, inclement weather, chemicals, temperature extremes, traffic hazards and unpleasant odors.
- Travel to/from various locations on WestWorld premises.
- Work varied schedule according to events, including weekends, holidays and evenings.
- Work in extreme inclement weather for long periods of time.
- Work a flexible schedule that will include holidays, evenings and weekends.
to view theentire job description.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 9/19/2019 11:59 PM Arizona