1051 Junction Blvd. Roseville, 95678 Description
Final Filing Date: This position is Open Until Filled.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the volunteer position of Reserve Police Officer Level II. Possession of a valid certificate of completion from a P.O.S.T. Basic Academy or valid certificate of completion from a P.O.S.T. LEVEL II, MODULE COURSE must be submitted with your application. All correspondence will be through email.
To perform a variety of duties related to law enforcement and crime prevention work.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Under direct supervision, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform investigative work; preserve and investigate crime scenes; collect, process, photograph and present evidence using scientific techniques including fingerprints, fibers, blood, and related physical evidence.
• Conduct a variety of criminal investigations involving crimes against persons and property, auto theft, white collar crime, and narcotics; gather evidence and prepare cases for prosecution.
• Conduct covert, undercover investigations as assigned.
• Identify suspects; conduct interviews and interrogations; apprehend and arrest offenders.
• Patrol a designated area of the City to preserve law and order; discovers and prevents the commission of crimes.
• Respond to public service calls including felonies, animal complaints, domestic disturbances, civil complaints, and property control; contact and interview victims and witnesses.
• Participate in and provide support and assistance to special crime prevention programs; take an active role in area of public education relative to crime and crime prevention.
• Respond to burglary alarm activations; check buildings for physical security.
• Enforce state and local laws and ordinances; issue warnings and citations.
• Direct traffic at fires, special events, and other emergency or congested situations; assist with DUI checkpoints.
• Prepare reports on arrests made, activities performed and unusual incidents observed.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, other law enforcement agencies and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Basic knowledge of use of firearms and other modern police equipment and communications and information systems related to law enforcement.
• Principles and practices of law enforcement organization, methods and techniques.
• Pertinent local, State, and federal rules, regulations and laws.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Modern office equipment, methods, procedures, and computer hardware and software.
• Report writing techniques.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of a Reserve Police Officer's job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; remember accounts given by witnesses; identify crime suspects; interpret and apply the law to field situations; observe while conducting surveillance; problem solve crime situations; and explain law to public.
• On an intermittent basis, sit at desk or in patrol vehicle; walk and stand during patrol activities; bend, squat and kneel during inspection of crime scene or conducting building searches; climb stairs and/or ladders while in the field; twist while making arrests; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; run and walk; continuously wear utility belt and other police equipment of 30 pounds; and intermittently carry weight of 100 pounds or less.
• Analyze situations quickly and objectively; determine and take emergency action as required.
• Learn to operate a computer as necessary to perform job duties.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and reports.
• Deal tactfully with customers.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth (12th) grade.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver's license.
• Possession of a valid certificate of completion from a P.O.S.T. basic academy or a P.O.S.T. Level II, Module II Reserve Officer certificate.
Necessary Special Requirement
• Must be 21 years of age or older by date of appointment.
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Applications will be screened, and those applicants meeting the qualifications will be certified to the Police Department for further consideration. Final appointment is contingent upon a background check, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical and psychological exam, a voice stress analyzer, and a drug and alcohol-screening test.
The successful candidate must be non-smoking and must not use tobacco products.
Job Announcement URL: http://www.roseville.ca.us/jobsRecruitment Contact
Contact phone extension:
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org