The Business Services Division of the Finance and Administrative Services Department (FAS)is currently recruiting to fill a Senior PeopleSoft Functional Analyst position. The successful candidate will support the design and functionality of the City of Seattle's Enterprise Financial and Procurement system (Peoplesoft 9.2), processes and related activities. The Senior Functional Business Analyst will work as part of a team supporting the modules in PeopleSoft 9.2. Within PeopleSoft 9.2, Contracts, Expenses, General Ledger, Grants, Payables, Project Costing, Receivables, and Commitment Control. For this recruitment, experience in PeopleSoft 9.2 Supply Chain and Supplier Management modules (Purchasing, eProcurement, eSupplier, Procurement, Sourcing proficiency) is strongly desired.
The Business Services division serves a workforce of approximately 12,000 employees and provides functional support on a variety of Peoplesoft 9.2 related issues and initiatives, works on all phases including fit/gap and testing, and shares knowledge to continually improve operations and maintenance methodologies. The division also partners with the Information Technology Department Application Services Division which provides the technical support for PeopleSoft 9.2. Job Responsibilities
The position will perform and participate in a range of business systems analysis tasks including: documenting, tracking and assessing common and unique requirements across City departments; assessing financial and procurement systems currently used by departments; interviewing users and conducting user workshops; designing and documenting business requirements into functional specifications; testing functionalities; developing training curriculum and business/technical job aids for user system adoption; and providing user support for on-going troubleshooting, training and system maintenance.This position will interact and coordinate with financial, procurement, systems, and management staff across the City.
Working as part of a team, essential duties of the position include but are not limited to:
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications:
- diagramming policies and processes of the business practices and requirements;
- linking business processes with the setup and business rules of the new financial system; requirements gathering, fit/gap analysis;
- defining and implementing application configuration settings;
- performing complex data analysis;
- working with the project team on transition plans for re-engineered business processes;
- conducting trainings for end users;
- create functional designs;
- create test plans and execute testing;
- analysis and testing of security roles and permissions;
- identifying, managing and escalating issues and risks throughout software development life cycle;
- keeping up-to-date functional documentation, and other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this position candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Computer Science or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education
- Five (5) or more years of experience supporting PeopleSoft 9.2 Supply Chain and Supplier Management modules
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Additional Information To be considered for this opportunity the following must be submitted:
- PeopleSoft application support experience
- Experience with supporting PeopleSoft in off premises environment
- Experience using Quest STAT for migration management
- Experience using Oracle's My Oracle Support network
- Experience using and/or supporting BI Publisher, PeopleSoft Query and SQL
- Experience using PS User Productivity Kit (UPK)
- Expertise with conceptual foundations and best practices for software development and support including release management methodologies
- High level of curiosity and creative approach to developing solutions to problems
- CPA license, Oracle PeopleSoft certification
1. Completed NeoGov application
2. Attached Cover Letter and Resume
3. Complete answers to supplemental questions.The first round of application review and interview selection will be conducted on April 16. Applications received after this date will be reviewed as they are received. We reserve the right to hire at any time and close the process.