Culver City is a Charter City incorporated in 1917, and is a destination filled with outdoor cafes, unique shops and galleries opening onto pedestrian-friendly boulevards. Culver City has a dedicated staff of approximately 700+ employees with an overall operating budget of over $200 million. The City provides a full range of municipal services including Fire, Police, Community Development, Public Works, Parks, Recreation and Community Services, and Transportation.THE POSITIONSANITATION DRIVER(ON-CALL)
This position is an On-Call
position. May be assigned to work up to 28 hours per week. Will be assigned workin the event additional staff is needed to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Skillfully and safely operates a variety of heavy refuse collection equipment in the collection of commercial and residential refuse.
- Following an assigned route, collects refuse from refuse containers located in commercial or residential alleyways, curbs, or on the property of commercial customers.
- Performs a daily safety check and routine servicing of assigned refuse collection vehicles including filling the vehicle with fuel, water, oil as well as checking the brake and hydraulic systems.
- Ensures work tasks are performed in a safe manner including the use of safe work methods, proper use of refuse collection vehicles, and the use of protective garments.
- Discusses various refuse collection services with customers or potential customers as necessary.
- Part-time, non-benefited position.
- May not get an assignment on a given day and will only be paid for time physically on the work site.
- Work involves the frequent lifting, pushing and/or pulling of objects which may approximate pounds and may occasionally weigh up to 100 pounds.
- Positions in this job classification are considered safety sensitive under Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) drug and alcohol regulation and are, therefore, subject to specific employment reference verifications.
**MUST BE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AS A SANITATION/ REFUSEDRIVER TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION**
- Two (2) years of experience as a Sanitation Collector or equivalent. Ability to perform heavy and physically demanding work for lengthy and continuous periods of time.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATES:
- Possession of a California Class "B" license is required
- Application Review:Applications will be reviewed for immediate consideration. Following the application review, the most qualified candidates will be forwarded to the Public Works Department for further evaluation, which may include demonstration of the ability to physically perform the duties of the position.
The provisions of this job posting does not constitute a contract, express or implied, and any provisions in this posting may be modified or revoked without notice. Continuation in the examination process and subsequent placement on the eligible list of a person convicted of a crime depends upon the nature of the conviction and the conduct of the applicant subsequent to the offense. Convictions will be evaluated on a job related basis and will not automatically disqualify someone from further consideration.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
- The City of Culver City is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, religion, political affiliation, or sexual orientation/identification.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Background/ Reference Check: Upon a conditional job offer, a live scan finger printing must be completed with acceptable results. Your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice(DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI). Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, you will be contacted to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.Upon hire, employee is subject to further reporting fromDOJ via subsequent arrest notification.
- Prior to appointment, candidates must pass a pre-employment medical examination, which will include a drug screen for detection of the presence of controlled/uncontrolled illegal substances. A positive pre-placement drug test, or a refusal to test, may result in rejection of the candidate.
- E-Verify: Proof of U.S. citizenship, alien residency or authorization to work in the U.S. will be required at time of appointment.