TRANSFER OPPORTUNITYFILING DATES
Required documentation may be submittedonly via email
starting Wednesday, March 27, 2019, 8:00 a.m. until needs of the position are met. Filing may close at any time without prior notice .EXAM NUMBER
TRSS3039DTYPE OF RECRUITMENT
THIS TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY IS RESTRICTED TO PERMANENT COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES EMPLOYEES WHO HAVE COMPLETED THEIR INITIAL PROBATIONARY PERIOD AND ARE CURRENTLY HOLDING THE PAYROLL TITLE OF SAFETY OFFICER II.
Essential Job Functions DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs the full range of safety inspections and trains line personnel in safety inspections of the department's major facilities, buildings, equipment, work practices, and work areas.
- Participates in field and other inspections to ensure compliance with Cal/OSHA standards such as ergonomics, confined space, respiratory protection, and asbestos.
- Investigates accidents, inspects equipment involved, interviews witnesses, and prepares reports of findings to superiors and County Counsel, as necessary.
- Trains supervisors in accident prevention techniques, accident reporting, and first-aid procedures.
- Maintains and interprets automotive and industrial accident statistics.
- Participates in various departmental or county safety or accident review committees.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of safety manuals, bulletins, posters, and articles.
- Assists in all aspects of departmental safety training sessions in respiratory protection, hearing conservation, indoor air quality, ergonomics, radiation safety, asbestos, confined space, hazard communication, and other departmental safety training programs.
- May conduct and supervise work site and field monitoring inspections using air, sound, and othermonitoring devices as needed.
- Knowledge of Cal/OSHA regulations;
- Knowledge of Excel and other computer software;
- Ability to travel to various office locations throughout Los Angeles County;
- Communicate effectively in writing, possess good oral presentation skills; and
- Provide technical direction to Safety Assistants and other less experienced staff.
Additional Information APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:
To apply please send an email withSAFETY OFFICER II,TRSS3039D
in the subject line toHilmaAboulianat HilmaAboulian @dpss.lacounty.gov or MariaSvajianat MariaSvajian@dpss.lacounty.gov . To be considered, all of the following documents must be attached to your email:
- Copies of last two (2) performance evaluations
- Copies of last two (2) years prime variances only time history
For questions regarding this transfer opportunity, please contact:
Phone Number: (562) 551-3381AND/OR
Phone Number: (562) 551-3401SPECIAL INFORMATION:
There is a vacancy at the following location:
Department of Public Social Services
Human Resources Division
12851 Crossroads Parkway South
City of Industry, CA 91746THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION