Do you have the desire to make a meaningful impact in a vibrant and diverse community? Join a collaborative workforce committed to serving the City of Irvine.
If you would enjoy maintaining the outstanding City parks and water management system, the Lead Landscape Maintenance Technician position is an excellent opportunity for you.
First review of applicants will occur onWednesday, May 29, 2019.
The City reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time following this date.Your Impact
- Oversee contractor and staff schedules and performance related to park and athletic field landscape maintenance.
- Perform tree inspections.
- Program irrigation controllers.
- Provide guidance and technical support to staff.
- Respond to internal and external customer service requests and resolve issues.
- Find additional information in theLead Landscape MaintenanceTechnician job description.
- May be required to respond to emergency calls at irregular hours, be subjected to the Division's "on-call" or standby requirements, and work a variety of shifts to meet the service needs of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Technical training in landscape maintenance, water management, and/or contract management.
- Five years of landscape maintenance experience, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Possess, or ability to obtain, an appropriate valid California driver's license for this position is required.
- Landscape Irrigation Certificate, International Society ofArboriculture(ISA) Certificate.
- Class A or B California driver's license may be required.
- Bachelor's of Science in a plant science or related field.
- Strong knowledge of CalSense and water management.
- Certified Arborist license through the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA).
- Outstanding communication and customer service skills.
- Excel at identifying plant species, pests, and diseases.
- Demonstrate leadership to direct staff and contractors.
- Supervisory experience desirable.
Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live, according to Money Magazine . The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.
The Public Works Department
effectively administers the design, engineering, construction, and maintenance of the City of Irvine. This dynamic department consists of nine divisions: Administration, Signal Maintenance, Project Management, Environmental Programs, Development Engineering, Streets and Right-of-Way Maintenance, Landscape Maintenance, Facilities Maintenance and Fleet Services. Together these divisions sustain the vibrant landscape, streets, and facilities of the City.The Process
The selection process will include an examination and conduct a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.