The Position **EXTENDED**Bargaining Unit: Management - Mgmt Classes, Classified & Exempt
CLOSING DATE:Open Until FilledTHE POSITION
The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is recruiting for one (1) qualified individual interested in the Director of Marketing, Member Services, and Public Relations - CCHP - Exempt position located in Martinez, CA.
The Department is seeking aninnovative individual to head the Contra Costa Health Plan's Marketing unit. The position is a single position class within the County'sHealth Maintenance Organization (HMO), responsible for the development and oversight of marketing, publications, and public relations programs aimed at both commercial andMediCal Members.
Director of Marketing, Member Services, and Public Relations - CCHP - Exempt is responsible for developing MediCal enrollment programs; directing market research, publication production,and other market support activities; training and directing the activities of Member Outreach and Publications; developing, monitoring and controlling the Marketing teamand establishing and maintaining communications withinterest groups, and other MediCal Managed Plans.
The incumbent will report to and receive direction from the Chief Executive Officer of the Contra Costa Health Plan and is exempt from the Merit System.The ideal candidate will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
Characteristics of the ideal candidate:
- Positive and efficient management style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Phenomenal creativity to develop and implement CCHP programs
- Stays informed of the latest rules and regulations regarding the needs of commercial and MediCal Members
- Ability to maintain Open Door Policy
- Creating a productive work environment with ability to understand, formulate and execute business plans accurately
- Ability to delegate
Read the complete job description at https://www.cccounty.us/hr
. The eligible list established from this recruitment may remain in effect for twelve (12) months.TENTATIVE EXAM DATESTentative Training and Experience Exam:
Multiple Dates Typical Tasks
Minimum Qualifications Education:
- Develops and monitors enrollment activities and trends
- Directs market research, publication production, advertising and other market support activities
- Develops, monitors and controls budgets for Member Services, Marketing and Publications
- Plans, organizes and directs marketing plans
- Directs and supervises ongoing training of staff assigned to member services, benefits management, marketing and publications, and outreach
- Determines services and acts as a liaison to meet CCHP staffing ratios, needs and standards
- Directs and oversees the provision of customer service for CCHP and participates in audit preparation and writing or revision of policies and procedures
- Interprets regulations pertaining to managed care, customer service, and handles member's grievances and appeals
- Establishes and maintains communication with advisory boards, interest groups, and other county operated managed care organizations and community based organizations
- Informs staff of legislation affecting marketability of CCHP and develops changes in marketing and publications activities to respond to legislation changes
- Participates in policy meetings with County, State and Federal representatives
- Conducts and directs studies to improve services, effectiveness, and efficiency of CCHP
- Translates Federal, State and local regulations into CCHP procedures and practices
Possession of a Master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Marketing, Business Administration, Public Administration, or a closely related field.Experience:
Three (3) years of full-time or its equivalent experience in a health care or health insurance agency, preferably in a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO), performing administrative duties in the areas of marketing or customer service.
One (1) year of which must have been in a supervisory capacity.Substitution:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business Administration, Public Administration, Marketing or a closely related field AND two (2) additional years of qualifying experience as indicated above may be substituted for the Master's degree. No substitution
is allowed for the required one (1) year of supervisory experience. Selection Process
- Application Filing: All applicants must apply online at www.cccounty.us/hr and submit the information as indicated on the job announcement by the final filing date.
- Application Evaluation: Depending on the number of applications received, an Application Evaluation Board may be convened to evaluate and select the best-qualified candidates for invitation to the next phase of the examination.
- Training and Experience Evaluation: Consists of an evaluation of each candidate's relevant education, training and/or experience as presented on the application and supplemental questionnaire. (Weighted 100%).
- Candidates must receive a score of at least 70, which may be an adjusted score, in order to be ranked on the employment list.
The Human Resources Department may change the examination steps noted above in accordance with the Personnel Management Regulations and accepted selection practices. As part of the application process, an applicant may be required to complete a Conviction History form. The Conviction History form should only be submitted when requested.
After you receive a conditional job offer, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you have received a conditional job offer. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances. Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with Contra Costa County. If you accept a conditional job offer, the Human Resources department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.DISASTER SERVICE WORKER
All Contra Costa County employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law. Employment with the County requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
It is the policy of Contra Costa County to consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identify, gender expression, marital status, ancestry, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or other protected category under the law.