About Our Job
Please Note: This position will remain open until it has been filled. Please apply as soon as possible.
The Denver Sheriff Department is the largest Sheriff Department agency in the state of Colorado and is comprised of many divisions and diverse operations with over 1000 uniformed and non-uniformed staff members. These operations include two separate jails, security for the District and County court systems, state inmate transportation, extradition duties, fugitive and K-9 units and security at DenverHealth Medical Center.
Are you searching for a job in the "Trades" that offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision and a retirement plan?
Look no further! We are now accepting applications for an Electrician to join its Maintenance Division. This position will have a stable schedule of working 4 consecutive 10 hour shifts. This position will work at various locations including the Denver County Jail and the new Van Cise Simonet detention facilities. Because this position does work in the detention facilities, the selected individual will be working around detainees/inmates. Our facilities operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, so applicants must be flexible and willing to work various shifts.
This position will primarily reside at the County Jail located on 10500 Smith Road Denver, CO or the Downtown Detention Center located on 490 W Colfax Ave Denver, CO 80204.
Successful candidates must complete and pass a background investigation that encompasses the applicant's employment and criminal history.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Performs maintenance, alteration, repair, and installation of electrical systems, equipment, and fixtures in accordance with standard practices of the electrical trade.
- Installs new or upgraded electrical equipment and/or systems for the purpose of construction, tenant finishing, or remodeling and completes circuits according to diagram specifications and code requirements.
- Responds to electrical service or trouble calls, troubleshoots various problems/issues, and provides problem resolution.
- Prepares working sketches and works from blueprints, schematics, and written or verbal instructions.
- Estimates materials, labor, and equipment costs.
- Maintains records and prepares daily activity reports.
- Assists in the maintenance and repair work in a variety of skilled trades areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Commercial service experience
- Comfortable with working in a jail setting
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability/desire to learn other skills
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
About Everything Else
- Education: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience: Completion of a state recognized apprenticeship program for electricians.
- Licensure & Certification:
- By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Requires a Journey Electrician's License issued by the State of Colorado or state issued equivalent at the time of application.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Equivalency: No substitution of the apprentice program is permitted.
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Pay Range $25.08 - $36.62
Department of Safety
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here