Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under direction to perform inspection services on a wide range of non-complex municipal construction projects; performs directly related work as required. Approximate employment duration :This is a 6-9 month assignment.
Employment period is betweenMarch and November; 40 plus hours per week; Monday-Saturday. Deadline :
Applications areaccepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions. Acceptable Experience and Training
Candidates must provide personal vehicle, with proof of insurance, for transportation from City Hall to assigned project job site and other work related locations as directed. Required Special Qualifications
- Graduation from High School or possession of a GED; and
- Some experience in public works andor building trades construction; OR
- Any equivalent combination of related education and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Prior experience in civil engineering technology and/or public improvement construction such as street paving, sewer construction or other related public improvement construction is preferred.
- Possession of valid driver's license or equivalent mobility.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and driving record background checks.
- Passing a pre-employment physical and drug screen is required prior to employment.
Click the link to review the complete job description.Closing Date/Time: 6/10/2019 5:00 PM Central