Salary: 12.00 Hourly
Salary Top: 14.50
Apply By: May 02, 2020
Why work for the Town?
Do you want to work for one of the most beautiful, safe and thriving towns in the nation? Consider working for the Town of Collierville! At the Town of Collierville, we take pride in our small town atmosphere and award winning parks. Maintenance Workers provide an important contribution to the overall quality of life in a community by maintaining all park amenities, athletic complexes, all building grounds and landscaping. Residents of Collierville will be sure to have a pleasant experience at any our City Parks thanks to our Maintenance Team!
What will you do?
The following duties are normal for this position. The omission of specific statements of the duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned
- Perform various tasks involving grounds maintenance or roadside maintenance projects: mows grass; edges buildings, roadways, landscaped areas, driveways, and sidewalks
- Performs various tasks involving maintenance of parks, athletic fields, and recreational facilities: inspects, maintains, repairs, and blows leaves from trails, tennis courts, ball fields, playgrounds, and other park facilities;
- Set up athletic fields according to established guidelines for respective sporting events; measures, lays out, and applies lines and markings to athletic fields; inspects, maintains, replaces, and paints baseball bases, home plate, and pitching rubber
- Operate a variety of machinery, equipment, and tools associated with department projects, which may include a service truck, tamper, lawn mower, riding mower, edger, weed eater, chipper/mulcher, leaf blower, sod cutter, spreader, tiller, trencher, dragging equipment, chalk liner, paint machine, chain saw, power saw, hand saw, concrete saw, air compressor, pick axe, sledgehammer, rake, post hole digger, shovel, hand tools, measuring instruments, or two-way radio
What are we looking for?
- A successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or GED with 6 months experience in grounds maintenance and a valid Drivers License
- A dedicated team player
- Skillful and hard worker who isn't afraid of a challenge!
How to apply?
You must submit an original Town of Collierville application. Applications are available to download at www.collierville.com under the Employment Opportunities tab, or you may obtain one from our Human Resources Office located at 500 Poplar View Parkway, Collierville, TN, 38017, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Completed applications must be submitted either by mail or in person to the above address. We are unable to accept faxed or emailed applications.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.