The City of Fort Lauderdale community builders possess a passion for public service demonstrated by a high degree of enthusiasm, self-reliance, and job proficiency. They effectively convey the vision and mission of the organization and provide excellent service and satisfaction to our internal and external customers.
Responsible for the research, planning, design, implementation, integration, maintenance, and support of the City's voice and video infrastructure (VoIP telephone, call center, video conferencing, collaborations, audio visual and digital signage systems, related applications, systems and peripherals) across multiple data centers and city locations. Manages multiple voice and video projects simultaneously including the initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and close-out phases. Provide technical leadership and guidance for the maintenance and support of the voice and video infrastructure to ensure continuous performance, availability, reliability, integrity and security improvements. Please note: Candidates MUST have experience beyond lab or school experience. Holiday, night and/or weekend work is required in order to perform many duties. Employees in this class are required to provide 24-hour support on a rotational basis and may be called in to work before, immediately prior to, during and after the emergency.NOTE:
The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.This position will remain open until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match! Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan! That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness ( PSLF ) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit www.fortlauderdale.gov/PublicServiceLoanForgiveness for more information or to see if you qualify.
This job classification is in Management Category II for benefits purposes.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Assist the division manager in developing and aligning the voice and video infrastructure strategic plan with the City's goals and objectives.
- Lead the continuous improvement and innovation of voice and video infrastructure services deployment, maintenance and support, with the goal of reducing time-to-delivery, improving operational efficiency and introducing new services.
- Establish and manage the priorities, work schedules and assignments for the voice team, to ensure timely response to voice and video tickets, meet service level agreements and to ensure voice and video initiatives and projects are completed on time, within budget, and within the agreed upon scope and objectives.
- Supervises, coaches, motivates, trains and evaluates subordinate staff.
- Develop, implement and maintain documentation, best practices, standards, policies and procedures to continuously improve the performance, availability, reliability, integrity and security of the City's voice and video infrastructure.
- Research, plan, design, deploy, integrate, maintain and support voice and video infrastructure services consisting of VoIP telephone, call center, video conferencing, collaborations, audio visual and digital signage systems, related applications, systems and peripherals.
- Maintain extensive knowledge in IT voice and video infrastructure technology areas, such as VoIP telephone, call center, video conferencing, collaborations, audio visual and digital signage systems, related applications, systems and peripherals.
- Maintain a working knowledge in other IT infrastructure technology areas, such as enterprise networks, firewalls, Internet, remote access and Wi-Fi communications, enterprise identity and access management (IAM), physical, virtualized and cloud computing, storage area networks (SAN), Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), enterprise Email, related applications, systems and peripherals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve level 4 voice and video infrastructure problems and provide guidance to junior staff members during the troubleshooting of non-level 4 problems.
- Perform root cause analyst of major voice and video infrastructure issues and develop strategies for preventative and permanent solutions.
- Work with the operations team to create effective monitoring, alerting, reporting, automation and capacity planning for voice and video infrastructure equipment, systems and applications to ensure voice and video performance, availability, reliability, integrity and security.
- Consistently collaborate with project management staff to effectively and efficiently scope, plan, execute, monitor and closeout multiple projects simultaneously.
- Develop technical specifications of purchasing documents (for example, Request for Proposals (RFP), BIDs, scope of works, etc.) for the acquisition of voice and video infrastructure equipment and services.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of acquiring voice and video infrastructure hardware, software, maintenance and services.
- Perform voice and video infrastructure operations, maintenance, support and project duties as required during non-business hours.
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field and at least five (5) years of experience planning, designing, implementing, integrating, maintaining, and supporting large voice and video infrastructure (VoIP telephone, call center, video conferencing, collaborations, audio visual and digital signage systems, related applications, systems and peripherals) across multiple data centers and locations. Additional qualifying experience or completion of coursework at an accredited college or university in a job-related field, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required experience or education, at the Human Resources Director's discretion.
- Possess or be able to obtain a valid State of Florida driver's license with an acceptable driving record by time of appointment.
- Cisco voice and video experience preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Voice Collaboration certification preferred.
- An in-depth pre-employment background check, including a polygraph exam, will be conducted as part of the selection process as this position is deemed security-sensitive. Felony convictions, convictions of crimes of moral turpitude, or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from being considered for this position. It is your responsibility to provide at time of application, an official disposition of all charges of which you were found guilty, had adjudication withheld, or pled no contest.
- Positions working with Police systems will require CJIS Certification (Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement)
may be required to work during a declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine who will be required to work. WORKING ENVIRONMENT: PHYSICAL STANDARDS REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position involves medium physical demands, such as exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION:
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form (J204
) at time of application.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous