Under supervision, to provide psychiatric casework, counseling, psychotherapy, case management and treatment services in a counseling center, clinic, or institutional setting. This open recruitment is for part time and full time positions located in the Behavioral Health Services, Custody Health Services and/or Custody Behavioral Health Services.
Learn more about Santa Clara Valley Medical Center: Hospital and Clinics at www.scvmc.org
and follow us on:
Twitter I @scvmctalent
Facebook I facebook.com/SCVMC
LinkedIn | linkedin.com/scvmc
- Performs casework, counseling, psychotherapy, case management and treatment services with patients or clients and their families;
- Participates in the evaluation of problems presented and in the development of treatment plans;
- May participate in a group therapy program;
- Prepares social case histories with particular emphasis upon psycho-social factors affecting the patient or client;
- Cooperates with staff and other community agencies in carrying out treatment plans;
- Participates in psychotherapy and case management programs with psychiatric and/or milieu staff treatment teams;
- Interprets and explains social and emotional factors pertaining to illness to clients, relatives and community groups, and may conduct educational sessions and training events, as appropriate;
- Evaluates new techniques for dealing with emotional and environmental problems;
- Refers patients or clients to appropriate community agencies;
- Performs related work as required.
Possession of a Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university which qualifies for licensure as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
Applicants must be eligible for registration with the Board of Behavioral Sciences as an Associate Clinical Social Worker and maintain current registration and remain in good standing until license is received.
Incumbents are expected to obtain a valid license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker as issued by the State Board of Behavioral Sciences.
Incumbents in this class must comply with California licensure requirements as outlined by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.Knowledge of:
- The principles of psychiatric social work and psychotherapy;
- Counseling, casework, and other techniques of psychiatric social work;
- Social aspects of mental health and emotional disturbances;
- Theory and practice of community health, or alcohol, or drug abuse interventions;
- Community agencies and community resources serving the mentally ill, alcohol and drug abusers, and alcoholism;
- Physical and mental illnesses and their impact on personality.
- Effectively apply psychiatric social work theory and casework skills and psychotherapeutic interventions;
- Do differential diagnosis;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others;
- Secure and record accurate and pertinent social and personal data;
- Effectively use psychiatric consultation.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.