Salary Top: 134676
Apply By: May 27, 2019
The Tigard Public Library is looking for a Library Director with a passion for delivering high quality services, strengthening connections, and leading by example. The Library Director will serve as a member of the city's Leadership Team, lead and develop staff, and manage the day-to-day business of the library.
Please refer to the Library Director Recruitment Brochure for additional information.
Key strategic and executive leadership duties include:
- Serving as the executive director of the library
- Participating as a member of the city's leadership team
- Contributing to policy and program development and strategic direction
- Working with the leadership team and City Manager on implementation of council goals
- Consulting with department managers and staff to review projects, resolve issues, and monitor performance
- Embracing the use of data in the decision-making process
- Establishing a culture of cooperation and effective communication throughout the organization
- Proposing recommendations to the City Manager and City Council
- Fostering a cohesive team approach by encouraging high performance and accountability
- Participating as a member of the WCCLS through a variety of committees and work groups
A typical way to meet the minimum qualifications for this position would be:
- Masters degree in Library Services; AND
- Seven years of increasingly responsible experience in public library management.