The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) is committed to providing quality health services to Oklahoma citizens. Our mission is to protect and promote health, to prevent disease and injury, and to cultivate conditions by which Oklahomans can be healthy.
OSDH is seeking a full time Nutrition Therapist providing support to the Payne County Health Department. This is an unclassified position, PIN 34001431, in state government, located in Stillwater/Cushing, OK. OSDH offers a comprehensive Benefits Packet
, including a generous benefit allowance to offset the cost of insurance premiums for employees and their eligible dependents . For more information about the benefit allowance [ click here ]
. The annual salary for this position is up to $55,332.00 based on education and experience. Position Description:
The WIC nutritionist performs program eligibility and nutritional assessment for individual clients. Client services include nutritional planning, determination of supplemental food needs and provision of breastfeeding supplies. Nutritionists conduct child development and immunization checks, health screenings and referrals. Provides services for the WIC program in Payne, Kay, and Noble counties. This position may be filled at the lower level. Duties include, but are not limited to
• Evaluates nutrition and dietary needs of patients and clients.
• Initiates and conducts surveys as a basis for program development.
• Coordinates with other agencies or departments to provide educational materials, assess nutritional status of patients, clients, or the community and develop special menus.
• Provides in-service training to staff.
• Prepares consultation reports, survey results, quality improvement statistics, and other necessary documentation.
• Determines type of food preparation equipment needed for specific dietary requirements.
• Serves as a member of an interdisciplinary team reviewing treatment plans, or on a survey team, inspecting and assessing health, domiciliary or other facilities.
• Plans basic menus and food specifications, and procures goods for the facility. Education and Experience
- consist of eligibility for Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Level II
- consist of Registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and Licensure with the Oklahoma State Board of Medical Licensure and Supervision. Level III
- consist of those identified in Level II plus two years of experience as a registered dietitian in a food service operation or in a public or community health program or facility. A master's degree in public health with a major in nutrition or a master's degree in foods and nutrition with an emphasis on nutrition may substitute for one year of experience. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of current dietetics and institutional diet management; of nutrition and its relationship to health; of nutritional values, costs and accounting; of available community resources; and of health requirements and personal hygiene. Ability is required to plan menus for general and special therapeutic diets; to keep necessary records; to establish effective working relationships with others; to present and prepare educational materials; to develop curricula for nutrition education programs and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of administrative principles and practices; of modern methods, materials and equipment used in food preparation and service; of conducting and interpreting nutrition surveys; of economic and social trends in nutrition; of program planning and nutrition education techniques. Ability is required to evaluate and judge the quality of food materials and develop menus. Ability to plan and deliver effective education programs and to evaluate results of programs. Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position. Applicants must be willing to perform all job-related travel associated with this position.NOTES REQUIREMENTS:
If education, certification or licensure is required to meet qualifications, applicants must provide documentation at the time of interview.
All applicants are subject to a background check and must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT WORKING AT THE OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CLICK HERE
Please read instructions carefully and include all required documents when you submit your application.
No additional information will be accepted after the application has been submitted.
Conclusion Veteran's Preference Points Apply only for initial appointment in the Classified Service.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous