Position Description Exam #19/14K41/05KKFinal Filing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLEDPriority Screening Date: Monday June 10, 2019
Monterey County Health Department's Behavioral Health Bureau
is seeking experienced behavioral health professionals to fill vacancies at the Behavioral Health Services Manager II
level. Vacancies exist in Children's System of Care - Salinas
and Quality Improvement - Salinas
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future temporary or regular vacancies as they arise. Children's System of Care -- Salinas
This Behavioral Health Services Manager provides leadership and management oversight to two teams that provide mental health services to children, transition age youth (TAY), and their families, requiring specialty mental health services for the following: hospitalization on 5150/5585 due to danger to self or others or suffering from severe mental health conditions (e.g., mood, anxiety, first episode psychosis, trauma). Additionally, this Services Manager is responsible for the coordination of critical relationships with Behavioral Health Access and the Adult System of Care as well as several partner agencies (Department of Social Services, Natividad Medical Center ER and Mental Health Unit, Epicenter, Interim Inc). The program provides an array of mental health services across Monterey County to children, TAY, and their families from psycho educational groups, individual and family therapy, to intensive community- and home-based treatment. Referrals to the program come from several sources including Access. The Services Manager will work closely with the Deputy Director for Child and Adolescent Services to ensure program design and service delivery are appropriately aligned with clinical need, ethical standards of practice, program mandates, and contract obligations. Quality Improvement -- Salinas
The Quality Improvement Manager oversees the quality of behavioral health services (specialty mental health and substance use treatment) through the use of data, performance improvement projects, and direct review of consumer health records. The QI Manager is responsible for understanding and implementing changes in regulatory requirements for mental health and substance use treatment (i.e. Title 9, 42 CFR 438, and Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System) across the organization, including regulatory requirements related to confidentiality. This position is responsible for taking the lead on state audits for mental health and substance use programs. This position collaborates with the leadership team to help reach organizational goals through the use of data for planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes and changes. This position oversees activities of cross-functional team with includes clinical staff, information technology staff, and supporting staff. The QI Manager position, alongside IT staff, supports enhancements to the electronic health record, Avatar, to improve overall performance of Avatar while ensuring the least of amount of impact to client care. Examples of Duties THE IDEAL CANDIDATE Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
- A thorough knowledge of: the principles and practices of diagnosis and treatment of children and adults with behavioral health problems; Federal and State laws and regulations governing program areas; techniques of management relating to training, directing, controlling and evaluating subordinates in a variety of diagnostic, therapy and case management programs; community health and governmental programs that identify and treat clients in out- and in-patient programs.
- Coordination of the work of various behavioral health programs, identifying needs, and developing programs within the agency and with community organizations. Interacting and functioning in situations requiring counseling, instruction, persuasion and negotiation.
- Representing an agency in advising, consulting and/or resolving differences with other programs, agencies and the public.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of office management including budget practices, cost analysis, office automation and community relations.
- Using communication skills and techniques for organizing and directing meetings and transmitting information and instructions to program staff, other agencies and the public.
Conditions of Employment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Effective leadership
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in the use of technology
- Provide excellent and courteous customer service
- Work within team framework
- Possess and maintain a valid California Class C Driver's License with a satisfactory driving record or ability to provide suitable transportation approved by the appointing authority.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these positions, the Health Department reserves the right to fingerprint and conduct police background checks of appointees for some positions
Pursuant to Section 5751 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, possession of any one of the following:
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
- Clinical Psychologist - State of California
- Psychiatrist - State of California
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker - State of California
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - State of California
- Registered Nurse - State of California
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, education or training, typically:
Additional Information BENEFITS:
- One year of experience as a Program Manager II - Behavioral Health for Monterey County, OR --
- Two years of experience as a Program Manager I - Behavioral Health for Monterey County, OR --
- Four years of professional experience subsequent to obtaining a California license as listed above, OR --
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above knowledge and skills.
The County of Monterey offers an excellent benefits package (X Unit). For additional information please visit Unit X's benefit summary sheet at:
The information listed above is a general summary of benefits for this position. This information is not legally binding, nor does it serve as a contract. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies and Practices Resolution prevails over this listing. NOTE:
If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodation, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4519. Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U.S. If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed above. APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
Submit the following application materials to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906 by the priority screening date: Open Until Filled, Monday, June 10, 2019
. Resumes will be accepted in addition to, but not in lieu of the required application materials. All application material must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on an as needed basis until the position is filled.
Or apply on-line at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/montereycounty/default.cfm
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
- A copy of your license/certificate must be submitted with your application
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4519.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.