To perform entry-level work in support of human resources functions.
Example Of Duties
Under close supervision, performs the following:
- Assists in the implementation and administration of Metro's Reasonable Accommodation policy and Disability Compliance program
- Processes and reviews written correspondence and other documents, prepares documents for mailing, opens new case files, gathers necessary documents and information, and maintains all documentation in an organized fashion
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information from employees and communicates with medical providers and attorneys via phone and email
- Performs administrative functions such as coordinating meetings, gathering data/information, and utilizing office equipment to transmit data/information
- Communicates and interacts daily via phone and email with employees at all levels of the organization including Risk Management, Operations, and County Counsel
- Organizes, maintains, and updates confidential employee files and records, both electronic and hard copy
- Uses ASANA Task Management system to track daily workload
- Responds to human resources inquiries from employees
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or other related field AND
- 1 year experience performing administrative or paraprofessional work in human resources management OR
- 1 year internship experience performing Human Resources related work
Preferred Qualifications (PQs) are used to identify relevant knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) as determined by business necessity. These criteria are considered preferred qualifications and are not intended to serve as minimum requirements for the position. PQs will help support selection decisions throughout the recruitment. In addition, applicants who possess these PQs will not automatically be selected.
The following are the preferred qualifications:
- Experience supporting ADA disability, return-to-work, and/or workers' compensation programs
- Theories, principles, and practices of human resources management
- General office equipment (photocopier, fax machine, etc...)
- Applicable software applications, including Microsoft Word & Excel
- Research and report preparation methods
- EEO rules and regulations
- Perform entry-level human resources management work
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Interact professionally with various levels of Metro employees and outside representatives
- Provide excellent customer service and demonstratestrong interpersonal skills
- Prepare reports and correspondence
- Maintain highly confidential information
- Work in a fast-paced environment to meet tight time constraints and deadlines
- Analyze situations and identify problems
- Exercise good judgment and creativity in making decisions
- Compile and analyze data
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts, budgets, and labor/management agreements
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application.
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location:
METRO Headquarters, Employment Office
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date. (JMC)
Temporary Employees are eligible to enroll/receive the following benefits:
- Kaiser medical insurance
- Public Pension Plan
- 457/401k plan
- Flex spending
- Paid Sick Time
- Fare media
- Rideshare subsidies
- Metro One Fitness (gym) membership
Please note that Temporary employees will be able to work up to 40 hours per week. Assignments may be for up to 1 year, with the possibility of extension up to 1 additional year.
*Open to the public and all Metro employeesThis job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.