Under the supervision of the Social Worker Supervisor, the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) Coordinator will work with all of the social work programs including children and families, in-home supportive services and adult protective services to perform quality assurance and quality improvement activities. These activities will assess the county's compliance with State/Federal guidelines, complete reporting requirements of such as well as develop and monitor performance improvement plans.Minimum Qualifications Pattern 1:
One (1) year of full-time experience performing entry level social work case management in the Social Worker I classification in an Interagency Merit System (IMS) county;ORPattern 2:
One (1) year of full-time social work case management experience**; AND
thirty (30) college semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units from an accredited college or university, including fifteen (15) semester units or twenty-two and a half (22.5) quarter units in social welfare, social/human services, sociology, or other social or behavioral science*;
*Examples of acceptable social or behavioral science courses include: anthropology, criminal justice, education, ethnic studies, history, human development, human services, law, nursing, nutrition, psychology, public health, social welfare, sociology, welfare, women's studies.
**Qualifying social work case management includes direct case work management, such as: assessment, evaluation; conducting investigations of abuse and neglect; preparing court reports; responsibility for a long term caseload, monitoring compliance through home calls and other personal contact; collaboration with other agencies and linking clients to resources and programs; development of a case plan, modification of case plans as needed/required; and authority to impose sanctions or implement actions that impact services.
While the above requirements outline the minimum qualifications, applicants may be further evaluated for qualifications beyond those listed. Those applicants that are determined to be most highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process. For more information regarding the job of a Social Worker, you are invited to watch this job preview at:
https://www.cpshr.us/videos/JobPreview/SocialWorkerJobPreview.wmv Supplemental Information ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The ability to speak, read and write Spanish in addition to English would be an asset in this position, but is not required.
- A valid driver's license may be required at the time of appointment. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to a disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Positions may require pre-employment screening, including background checks, and fingerprinting.
- Government agencies accessing US government information, which include federal tax information must ensure that background investigation requirements for all agency employees and contractors that have access to federal tax information are consistent to the IRS background investigation requirements for access to federal tax information. A background check may be required if the position requires access to these types of records. Background requirements consist of three components which include, fingerprinting, citizenship verification and local law enforcement checks. State agencies must conduct investigation during time of hire and ensure a reinvestigation is conducted 10 years from the date of the previous background investigation for each employee that has access to federal tax information.
- Promotion after one year
- Hiring Incentive:
- $1000 after one year
- $1000 after 2.5 years
- $2000 after 5 years
The position will serve 50% of time under the Office of Child Abuse Prevention (OCAP) Road to Resilience (R2R) partnership grant in a role of Navigator. The Navigator will be co-located with medical providers and partner with providers, county staff and community partners to meet collaborative goals including: reducing substance use/relapse and increase parenting strengths of pregnant women with known histories of substance use, pregnant women with current substance use, and mothers of substance-exposed infants. Navigator will provide in-home case management, Facilitate Family Group Conferences, provide parenting and basic needs support, housing referrals, and create a documented case plan to address needs and strengths of families. Remaining 50% of time will be spent researching and developing a local adoptions program. BENEFITS
- Generous leave accruals
- 11 paid fixed holidays
- Step Increases upon each 2080 hours worked, until max salary is reached
- Longevity incentive
- Medical, dental, vision insurance with substantial employer paid contribution
- CalPERS retirement benefits
If supplemental questions are included as a part of this job bulletin, applicants may be rated based upon their responses to the supplemental questions. If rated, only those that are determined to be highly qualified will be invited to participate in the next step of the selection process.SPECIAL TESTING ARRANGEMENTS
Special testing arrangements may be made to accommodate applicants for disability, military, or religious reasons. If you require such arrangements, please contact CPS HR Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-471-3507 upon notification that your application has been approved. Documentation from medical, military, school, or church officials outlining the accommodation request must be received by our office a minimum of five business days prior to a scheduled examination.ABOUT TUOLUMNE COUNTY
Tuolumne County is known for year-round fun and adventure, offering outdoor recreation, clean air and beautiful state and national parks. Enjoy abundant sunshine, with an average of 259 sunny days per year, and proximity to some of California's favorite ski resorts. Nearby, the New Melones reservoir is popular for boating, water skiing, and other water activities. Tuolumne County is home to the historic town of Columbia, which has been preserved to maintain its Gold Rush heritage and feel from the 1800's and hosts a number of living history events each year. Also found in the county is the town of Sonora, which is included in the Bloomberg Business list of richest small towns in America, and still boasts affordable housing and a friendly and unpretentious population.
Closing Date/Time: 6/14/2019 11:59 PM Pacific