Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Operates the library circulation desk.
- Discharges books, periodicals, videos, and other library materials.
- Processes requests for books, or other materials through the Interlibrary Loan system.
- Explains library rules and procedures.
- Issues library cards.
- Processes returned books.
- Searches for lost or misplaced materials.
- Assists with special projects or programs.
- Maintains records of materials overdue.
- Collects fines or fees.
- Assists patrons in locating materials and instructs patrons in the use of library materials, on-line and card catalogs, Internet and other on-line resources and reference materials.
- Evaluates the collections and makes recommendations on replacement.
- Prepares material for repair of binding.
- Plans and promotes special activities and weekly programs such as story time and the summer reading program.
- Identifies problems and may take action to correct or refer to superior as needed.
- Maintains statistics of daily circulation or other records.
- Creates and assembles visual aids; may train and/or direct the work of extra-help or work program participants.
- Utilizes the computer to catalog library materials and maintain the community services information file.
- Performs copy cataloging of fiction and new editions of books.
- Indexes and maintains special collections including telephone books and documents.
Minimum Qualifications: Library Resource Technician IExperience:
Two (2) years of experience performing technical and clerical work in a Library equivalent to that of a Library Assistant in Merced CountyOR
Three (3) years of responsible clerical experience, which included library clerical and computer applications for library services. (College course-work in Library Science or related field may substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis)Library Resource Technician IIExperience:
One (1) year of experience equivalent to that of a Library Resource Technician I in Merced County.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous