Under general direction, the purpose of this position is to lead and supervise the work of crews that are engaged in parks, solid waste, streets, and utility maintenance. This is accomplished by leading personnel; monitoring project work; and completing administrative duties. Other duties include maintaining equipment. Scheduled for on-call rotation in response to emergencies.Essential Job Functions
This information is intended to be descriptive of the key responsibilities of the position. The following examples do not identify all duties performed by any single incumbent.
This position has responsibilities that require lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion.
- Leads and supervises the work of personnel by assigning work duties; observing and monitoring work tasks; providing feedback to employees; evaluating work performance; and assisting employees to correct deficiencies.
- Monitors project work by ensuring a safe working environment for crews; planning for and securing needed materials and equipment; ensuring project is completed in a timely manner; inspecting work; and provided problem solutions as needed.
- Completes administrative duties by preparing daily work orders; preparing various reports; processing overtime and leave requests; completing accident forms; and monitoring equipment inventories.
- Maintains equipment by inspecting equipment for damage; and performing routine maintenance.
- All other duties as assigned by a supervisor/manager within the department/division.
Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may qualify. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma, G.E.D or equivalent.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in similar related work to the division assigned, including experience in the operation of excavating equipment.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain within six (6) months of employment, a Valid Texas Class A Driver's License with Tankers Endorsement.
- Certifications Required: For assignment to Water: Class C Water Distribution License or Class II Wastewater Collections License and the ability to obtain the other license having both licenses within six months of employment.
- Intermediate ability to read and understand papers, periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Intermediate ability to deal with system of real numbers; practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios/proportions and measurement. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college.
- However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
- Intermediate ability to write reports, prepare business letters, expositions, and summaries with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Ordinarily, such education is obtained in high school up to college. However, it may be obtained from experience and self-study.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous