Installs, maintains and repairs lock systems and related equipment.
Example Of Duties
- Installs all types of locks and lock hardware and performs the carpentry necessary for such installation
- Adjusts, maintains, repairs, and replaces conventional door locks, padlocks, tumbler locks, and various other lock hardware such as panic bars, door checks, latches, catches, fasteners, and door closers
- Establishes and maintains master key systems
- Opens locks which cannot be opened by ordinary means
- Operates machine tools such as key-cutting machine, drill press, grinder, hand drill, electric drill, and electrical hammer to duplicate keys and change locks
- Selects key blanks, cuts keys, and fits keys to locks
- Issues keys and locks and keeps related records
- Maintains a supply of locks, lock parts, and key parts
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out
Requirements For Employment
- 4 year's journey-level experience as a locksmith or successful completion of departmental Personnel Qualification Standards for Locksmith
- Up to 2 years' of full-time training or education in the locksmith trade at a recognized trade school or apprenticeship program may be substituted for 2 years' equivalent experience
- Valid California Class C driver's license
- Must provide own tools of the trade
- Must comply with all California Occupational Safety and Health Administration (Cal/OSHA) regulations and utilize approved safety equipment and personal protective gear including, but not limited to, respirators, eye and hearing protective devices (HPD), if and when required
- Must be available to respond to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- May work different locations, shifts and weekends
- Methods, materials, and safety procedures of the locksmith trade
- Vehicle operations and safety
- Install, maintain, and repair locks
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools and power equipment
- Safely operate Metro vehicles
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Work with minimal supervision
- Travel to off-site locations within a reasonable timeframe
- Read, write, speak, and understand English
Applicants who best meet job-related qualifications will be invited to participate in the examination process that may consist of any combination of written, performance, or oral appraisal to further evaluate job-related experience, knowledge, skills and abilities.
To apply, visit Metro's website at www.metro.net and complete an online Employment Application. (FR)
Computers are available to complete online Employment Applications at the following Metro location:
METRO Headquarters, Employment Office
One Gateway Plaza
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Telephone: (213) 922-6217 or persons with hearing or speech impairments can use California Relay Service 711 to contact Metro.
All completed online Employment Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
*Open to the public and all Metro employeesThis job bulletin is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other related job duties.
Closing Date/Time: Open Until Filled
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.