DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTHTRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Reseda Medical Therapy Unit
19451 Wyandotte St.
Reseda, CA 91335
Essential Job Functions
Under the direction of the OT/PT Supervisor I, the ITC completes:
- Bar coding, filing, typing, data entry, photocopying, faxing and scanning activities.
- Maintains unit management systems.
- Contacts and/or schedules patients, parents, vendors and agencies as directed.
- Assists therapist and physicians with translation during clinics.
- Types, completes and processes assigned therapy unit forms.
- Documents case management activities in patient chart; processes incoming mail.
- Answers telephones and directs calls or takes messages.
- Receives unit visitors.
- Maintains inventory and orders office supplies.
- Processes patient transfer cases.
- Schedules intakes.
- Completes intake process according to state and local guidelines.
- Schedules and confirms appointments.
- Completes and documents per established systems Clinic Service Summaries, MTU Clinic Claims, and all other writtenassignments delegated by unit supervisor.
Requirements Must currently be a permanent Los Angeles County employee who holds the payroll item ofIntermediate Typist-Clerk.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Candidates should possess desirable qualities such as experience with computer and web based programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and diverse agencies
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Excellent organizational skills and good time and attendance
- Bilingual - Spanish speaking
All interested employees who currently hold the payroll title ofIntermediate Typist-Clerk
are invited to submit a cover letter, their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, copies of their attendance record for the last 24 months, and any additional information the candidate wishes taken into consideration. All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview.Interested candidates should submit documents via US mail or email to:
Children's Medical Services
Medical Therapy Program
9320 Telstar Ave
El Monte, CA 91731Phone: