COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES PROBATION DEPARTMENTTRANSFER OPPORTUNITYJOB#TRPB2219-01TYPE OF RECRUITMENTLATERAL TRANSFER (NON-COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY)
The Probation Department'sPretrial ServicesBureau is seeking a well-qualified individual to fill the position ofSupervising Typist Clerk.Restricted to permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have passed their initial probationary period and are currently holding the payroll title ofSupervising Typist Clerk.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, and time history report (prime variances only) for the last two (2) years to:Valerie ChambersLA County Probation DepartmentHuman Resources DivisionExamination and Recruitment Unit9150 East Imperial HighwayDowney, CA 90242Phone: 562-940-2653Please email documents to Valerie.Chambers@probation.lacounty.gov with the subject line "Supervising Typist Clerk- Pretrial Services Bureau".
All submitted documents will be evaluated and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview. Successful candidates must complete a background check which includes a review of their official personnel folder and reference checks.
Essential Job Functions
- Assesses work, instructs and trains employees in the work to be performed and the order in which it is to be completed and explains changes in departmental rules and procedures.
- Reviews work results for accuracy, adequacy and conformity to instructions or prescribed work methods.
- Maintains a uniform flow of work by determining priority on requests for information, rush assignments, etc., and shifting personnel to meet emergency conditions.
- Prepares performance evaluation reports as the immediate supervisor.
- Arranges work schedules, vacations, and holidays; approves time off requests of subordinates; prepares time reports.
- Selects employees for particular work assignments and makes recommendations for employment orrelease ofpersonnel in accordance with varying workloads.
- Confers with immediate supervisor regarding work methods, assignment of personnel, personnel needs, and any unusual issues that may arise.
- Enforces or assists the immediate supervisorin the enforcement of departmental rules, procedures, policies, and discipline, etc.
- Consults with professional and technical personnel on matters affecting the clerical work of the unit, and contacts other divisions, departments, outside agencies, and members of the publicfor additional information when necessary.
- Oversees the use of office supplies and equipment by subordinates and requisitions additional supplies as needed.
- Uses other general office equipment as necessary.
- Participates in the work of subordinates as needed.
- May maintainrecords of and makes reports on work performed by subordinates.
- May compose, type, and edit correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other documents.
- May estimate monetary amounts due and collect fees; may reconcile negotiable items.
Permanent County of Los Angelesemployees that have passed their initial probationary period andcurrently hold the payroll title ofSupervising Typist Clerk.THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
This vacancy is located at:Pretrial Services - Wilshire Office
3530 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 501
Los Angeles, CA 90010