Please Note: This is an at-will class under the direction of and serves at the pleasure of the District Attorney.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Directs assigned division in the judicial functions of the District Attorney Office.
- Makes divisional determinations regarding prosecution/preparation of cases for trial.
- Directs staff in preliminary hearings, jury trials and various other judicial hearings.
- Acts as a legal coordinator on laws affecting criminal prosecution, consumer fraud, family law and death penalty appeals.
- May work with the Attorney General's office on death penalty appeals and petitions for writ of habeas corpus.
- May try cases in the Superior and Appellate courts including death penalty cases.
- Reviews prison packages and prior records of defendants for three-strike enhancement.
- Directs divisional development of programs, procedures and policies.
- Directs and administers the training and development of assigned staff.
- May act for the District Attorney in his absence.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
One (1) year of experience as a Supervising Deputy District Attorney with Merced County or its equivalent in other counties.OR
Two (2) years of experience as a Deputy District Attorney IV with Merced County or its equivalent in other counties.OR
Six (6) years of experience in the practice of law with two (2) years in a supervisory capacity over other attorneys.Education:
Equivalent to graduation from an accredited law school.Licenses:
Active membership in the State bar of California.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous