About Our Job
Athletic Fields Seasonal Laborers support Denver's Athletic Field operations throughout the City of Denver. This position provides the opportunity to gain introductory level exposure to a wide-variety of athletic field and related facilities maintenance as well as turf management work to ensure that Denver's community members can indulge safely in athletics and the well-being they bring. This position is distinguished from the Athletic Fields Utility Worker position, which requires a driver's license and more experience.
These positions will report to 678 S Jason St., Denver, CO. These positions will work 7 - 3:30pm, with one weekend day required or 6 - 3:30pm Mon - Thu and Fri 6 - 2:30pm, with every other Fri off. While the full pay range of this Job Classification is $13.00 - $17.81, our target starting pay for this position is $13.00 per hour.
Skills to be developed and utilized:
- Learn to utilize and maintain various hand-powered tools and motorized equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Working outdoors alongside more seasoned workers to learn best practices and assist with the following tasks:
- Athletic field preparation including lining, dragging, laying out and squaring athletic fields with various layouts; utilizing basic math skills to ensure proper layout/measurements
- Athletic field repair and preventative maintenance including various turf management tasks such as mowing, fertilizing, aerating, seeding, top dressing and ensuring appropriately functioning irrigation
- Related landscaping duties to maintain aesthetics of ball field facilities such as edging, sodding, trimming, raking, horticultural work, etc.
- Various facilities and infrastructure maintenance tasks such as painting and minor repairs
- Snow removal operations such as plowing, shoveling, de-icing
Various related duties assigned as needed such as trash collection, bathroom maintenance and cleaning, vandalism repair/graffiti removal
This is an on-call position which will work no more than 39 hours per week and is not eligible for benefits. On-call positions may have routine or variable work schedules.About You
We are looking for reliable and driven individuals who are eager to learn more about Athletic Field operations. Our ideal candidates will enjoy working outside and be adept with safety considerations. Following experience and skills preferred:
About Everything Else
- Current possession of a valid Driver's License
- Knowledge of ball field sports (baseball, football, kickball, rugby, soccer, lacrosse, etc.) and field layouts
- Basic math skills such as: measuring, addition/subtraction/multiplication/division, and problem-solving
- Experience with light to heavy equipment operation (such as mowers, tractors, trailers) and hand-powered tools
CG2113 Park Seasonal Laborer
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here
Position Salary Range
$13.00 - $17.81
Parks and Recreation
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here
for English or here