Contract Management Specialist II Job Requisition Number
COA080318 Position Number
110903 Job Type
Full-Time Division Name
Health Equity/Comm Engagement Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration or other relevant field, plus two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
- Class C Driver's License, if required for the position.
- Equipment Operator's License, if required for the position.
This position will conduct on-site and desk monitoring of social service contracts held with non-profit and quasi-governmental providers, and write professional reports to inform program delivery and future solicitations.
Office location planned to change to 7201 Levander Loop before September 2019
When completing the City of Austin employment application:
•Please be sure to detail on the application all previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
•A detailed, complete employment application is required. It helps us to better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to determine salary if you are selected for this position. Be sure to provide job title and employment dates for all jobs you wish to be considered.
•A résumé is required, but will not substitute for a complete employment application. Please include contact information from previous employers.
•When completing the City of Austin employment application, any gaps in employment must have an explanation and dates of unemployment. Work experience listed must include month, year and a verifiable Supervisor or Human Resources phone number.
•Incomplete applications will not be considered.
•Each individual who submits an Application as provided in the Municipal Civil Service Rules and meet the Minimum Qualifications for a Competitive Position shall be considered a Candidate for that Position. Employees, in Good Standing, who are Candidates within the Department or division that the Position resides in and who meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications (if any) of the Position will be included in the initial interview.
If you are selected to interview:
•Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 at the time of initial interview to receive military/veteran interview preference
•This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background Investigation ( CBI ).
If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your education, which may include High School graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees, will be required.
•This position must travel between various locations as a part of the regular job duties and the individual may be required to drive a City vehicle.
•The successful candidate must be in possession of a Texas Class C Driver's License.
•A driving record verification will be conducted.
•Applicants for positions for which City driving is an essential function must meet the standards of the driving program: age 18 or older, current applicable driver's license, proof of insurability, and no more than six points assessed on the driving record. This position falls under the COA safe driver program.
•All Austin Public Health worksite locations are tobacco-free. Use of tobacco products and/or e-cigarettes is not permitted on any APH worksite - including parking lots, garages or in any personal vehicle located on the premises.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7 days.
Job Offer is contingent on having a driving record that meets the City's Driver Record Evaluation Standards. Pay Range
$21.48 - $27.33 Hours
Mon - Fri 9:00 - 5:00 Job Close Date
07/06/2019 Type of Posting
Austin Public Health Regular/Temporary
Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category
5202 Ben White Blvd, Suite 600 Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Professional experience interpreting statutes and evaluating compliance with contracts.
- Professional experience managing, reviewing, or auditing financial records.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, during monitoring and report writing.
- CPA or Auditing certification.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Performs spot buying by placing orders off of existing contracts and by soliciting and awarding informal quotes (per Central Purchasing policy limitations).
- Prepares for bid process by gathering contract requirements from designated departmental liaisons, deciding appropriate commodities or scope of work to include on a contract bid, recommending and preparing effective supplemental terms and conditions, specifications and drafting purchase documents for bid.
- Develops and maintains contract database(s) spreadsheets and/or other contract management software tools. Enters data into the system of record and generates approval documents to support purchases. Establishes budgeted base and resolves variances. Submits and/or coordinates submission of requisitions, evaluates bid files and prepares recommendations for award.
- Develops and manages requirements for contracts or grants for effectiveness by monitoring budgeted amounts to expended amount and/or contract's dollar balance and time remaining, recommending whether to extend an existing contract or prepare for a new bid process, processing contract modifications and performing contract releasing activities.
- Manages contractor and subcontractor performance for compliance to contract terms and conditions by monitoring contractor performance which includes but not limited to inspecting product to ensure compliance with specifications, preparing and discussing contractor performance evaluations with the contractor and/or departmental liaison, and resolving contractual issues.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information regarding contractor performance, supply chain effectiveness, contract expenditures, purchase history, etc., for reporting to management, team members and customers.
- Monitors supply chain by reviewing status of selected materials, identifying problems and recommending and/or implementing solutions. Coordinating product demonstrations.
- Provides technical and contractual assistance by developing, advertising, coordinating and conducting workshops, training sessions and orientation sessions.
- Conducts and/or coordinates site visits to educate contractors and subcontractors about contract requirements, to conduct interviews with contract workers, to obtain payroll records for audit purposes and/or to inspect products to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Criminal Background Investigation
- Knowledge of contract law, contracting practices regulations, policies and techniques.
- Knowledge of contract language, terms, conditions etc.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to evaluate contractor performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Ability to write specific terms or conditions for contracts.
- Ability to resolve non-complex contractual problems.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445. Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within
the department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial interview.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a criminal background check (CBI)?
* An essential function of this position is that you provide your own transportation to various sites. Can you provide insured vehicle and valid Texas driving license to drive on City business by the date of your employment?
* This position requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years related experience. Experience may substitute for education up to four (4) years. Do you meet this requirement?
* Select the level that best describes your skill and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
* Describe any experience you have in monitoring and managing the compliance of the terms and conditions of contracts.
(Open Ended Question)
* Briefly describe your experience writing professional reports including analysis of complex business problems and recommendations for solutions, ordinances, rules, standard operating procedures, or audit findings.
(Open Ended Question)
* Please describe how you meet the preferred qualifications for this position.
(Open Ended Question)
* In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of Austin?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Cover Letter Resume Optional Documents