Position Overview ABOUT THE OFFICE OF:
The Office of Enterprise Technology (OET) provides technology leadership for Maricopa County through innovative solutions, exceptional customer service, process efficiency and digital transformation. By leveraging technology, Maricopa County will continue to improve internal operations and enhance services to its constituents. OET team members enjoy a dynamic, can-do spirit within the organization and an opportunity to make a lasting impact on the future of Maricopa County.ABOUT THE POSITION:
Are you passionate about serving your community? Now is your chance to join Maricopa County Office of Enterprise Technology, Wireless Systems Division, as a Public Safety/RF Technician! As a key member of the Maricopa County family, this position provides a critical communications element necessary to keep the public safe. The Public Safety/RF Technician also provides all county agencies with reliable radios helping to ensure vital public services are available to every Maricopa County resident. Position Qualifications We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications : Education:
- High School diploma or GED
- Three (3) years of experience in electronics which includes diagnosis, repair or hands-on experience installing mobile radios or other electronic systems in vehicles.
ORC ombined education and experience qualifications:
- An equivalent combination of post-secondary education may substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Our Preferred Candidate has:
- Possession of a valid Arizona driver's license, or the ability to obtain one by time of hire, is required.
Essential Job Tasks
- Associate's degree in Telecommunications Technology or closely related field.
- Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) or FCC General Radio Telephone Operator's license or equivalent.
- Performs new installation and change-outs of mobile two-way radios and mobile data terminals (MDT) within various types of vehicles, including but not limited to mounting required antennas inside/outside the vehicle, running required wiring within the vehicle, mounting radios within the vehicle and testing all radios and data terminals for continuity prior to finishing the task.
- Requests approval of changes to standard installation process, record/document all work and inventory used within department-maintained database.
- Troubleshoots completed vehicular installations, including lights, sirens, MDTs, and two-way radios that have been returned as a repair order. Analyzes and recognizes problems and draw logical conclusions.
- Uses hand tools, volt meters, miscellaneous test equipment, and other measuring devices to find and fix the equipment/radio installation problem.
- Responds appropriately to on-site customers with repair requests requiring immediate attention. Communicates information and ideas, both spoken and written, appropriate to the needs of the internal and external customers so that they will understand.
- Establishes and maintains constructive and cooperative working relationships with individuals from the public, as well as all levels of the organization.
- Provides ground-level assistance to senior technicians, field engineers and other team members to assist with the installation and repair of communications-related equipment.
Ability to lift 50 lbs. floor to waist. Ability to lift 25 lbs. waist to shoulder. Ability to lift 25 lbs. shoulder to overhead. Ability to carry 25 lbs. a distance of 100 feet and have the ability to push/pull 25 lbs. Maricopa County is an EEO/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Selection Procedure
The hiring authority will select the successful candidate based on departmental needs.
All offers of employment made to new hires and rehires at Maricopa County are contingent upon successful completion of a post-offer, pre-employment thorough background investigation. A background investigation is conducted on a current employee who changes to a Safety Sensitive Position or one having the potential for serious adverse impact on the integrity or efficiency of the County. These requirements do not pertain to employees of elected officials who undergo background investigation processes administered through their respective offices.
Typically successful candidates are hired at a salary rate, up to midpoint of the range, based on applicable experience, internal equity and budgetary allowances.
Closing Date/Time: 7/9/2019 11:59 PM Arizona